Thursday, November 18, 2010

Selamat Hari Raya Haji

Our home is a place where we respect every individual's racial and religion.

Our helper, Kaka is an Indonesian Muslim, so during Ramadan, Mommy would allows her to fast and do her prayer. And sometimes, when Kaka goes out during her day off she would wear this headscarf which has a specific religious significance.

I was curious and had also wanted to try wear a headscarf too so Kaka made one out of my towel for me.




On the morning of Hari Raya Haji, Mommy taught me to greet Kaka with "Selamat Hari Raya Haji". But it was so long that I kept forgetting and had only managed to say "Selamat Haji".

Mommy believes it's important to cultivate racial and religion harmony from young because Singapore is a multi-racial country and we as Singaporean must do our part to ensure that we will always be ONE SINGAPORE.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...