Sunday, May 19, 2013

Navy Open House 2013

Yesterday, we went to the Navy Open House. We had to park our car at Singapore EXPO because no private cars were allowed to be driven to Changi Naval Base. There was a very long line at the queue for the shuttle bus. We waited for more than an hour! Our legs were turning jellies!





After 90 minutes of waiting and bus ride, we finally arrived!




Our Daddy used to be a regular in the Navy, but that was donkey years ago. He still kept his navy cap and beret, so we got to wear them to the open house.





I took pictures with Daddy and some of the very brave men who protect our country.




When I grow up, I will also do my part to serve my country!



But at the meanwhile, let me play first. Hehe...




Leonitus and I were in a rescue raft. It was so spacious, we could roll around inside the raft.



I got to dress up as a fire-fighter. Cool!



I wasn't acting as Bob, The Builder. Daddy said this was how people in the navy do damage control when the ship was hit. I don't know very much, but it was fun hammering something.





We had some ears muffles on because we were going to fire some arms! BANG! BANG!


Leonitus was super excited. Boys will be boys. Always crazy over guns!




Look how 'pro' my little brother looked with the rifle on his shoulder and his head cocked to one side.




FIRE!!!!



When it was my turn, I was a bit apprehensive. But luckily Mommy was around to help me squeeze the trigger. The sound made from firing the weapon was so deafening!





Daddy also enjoyed firing the weapon. He looked quite 'pro' too!




When can we board a ship? Why the queue for all the ships were so long?! Haiz....




We went off to play, as our poor Mommy, who was hot and sweaty, stood in the line for us.




"Didi, take picture already. Stop talking to the cardboard person, he isn't real!"





Finally, we got onto a ship. A BIG one!




We took turns to be the captain!




This ship was so big that it had its own helicopter pad. I could run a few rounds on the ship because it was so steady, we felt as though we were on land.





There was a even bigger shop opposite this one. Can you see it in the picture below?




We were so happy to be here. There were just so much to see, but too little time. The sun was about to set soon. It was time for us to get off the ship.





Before we left, we got to see some helicopter, tanks and very huge army trucks!





Even the wheels of this weapon-carrying truck was bigger than Leonitus!



It was a very educational excursion. Next year, we will try to come in the morning so that we can visit more ships! Hopefully, the queue wouldn't be so long next year.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...