Monday, June 1, 2009

My Sunday with Goat, Dragon(Fruit) and Fish

We woke up early on Sunday morning and Daddy drove us to Hay Dairies.


The stench was very strong. It hit us the moment we left the car. Mommy said, "Laetitia, did you poo?" "Ohh... it's not you, it's those goats."




The goats were lining up to be milked. We bought some goat's milk to go home. They say goat's milk is good for health.




We were going to the barn to take a closer look at the goats.


The goats are really stinky. See the look on my face. I was trying to stop breathing while striking a pose for picture with Mommy.




After leaving Hay Dairies, we made a turn into another farm next to Hay Dairies. Spring Orchard is Singapore's only Dragon Fruit farm but it also has other fruits and vegetables apart from dragon fruits.



Look at the beautiful flower of the dragon fruit. So big and vibrant!




There! We spotted a ripe dragon fruit! It looks so much like cactus. We found out that they belongs to the same plant category.




There are rows and rows of sweet corns. They are my favorite! Yummy!




There is even a mini market place which sell all the organic fruits and vegetables planted in the farm. We bought some products and also tasted a very unique dragon fruit drink.



Before we left the place, we saw this koi ponds with lots of big, fat koi.



The koi swam up to me so closely that I could stroke them with my hands. This really made my day!




Before going home, we turned into Qian Hu because Daddy wanted to buy some fishes for our pond back home. This was my second trip there but I was still very fascinated by the various types of fishes they have.



In the end, we went home with 1 balloon complimentary of Hay Dairies, 5 bottles of goat milk, 2 tubs of home-made jellies, 2 dragon fruits and 8 gold fishes!

What a way to start our Sunday morning!! WE LOVE IT!!
.
.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...